Good news everyone! I've made a comment system. As some of you may know, I use a completely custom comment system for my site that I've made myself. I've dubbed it:
- Glorious mix of forum, chat and comment system.
- Almost fully templatable
- Full use of xPDO
- "Anonymous" posts. People can choose their own name with a different look. (and no profile page)
- Simple anti-spam measure without CAPTCHA
- Duplicate posts are ignored
- Posts easily stylable
- Cumulative content. When a user adds a new post, but already is the latest poster, the content is added. So a single user can never make a thread longer than 1 post.
- Very efficient data-flow for AJAX calls.
- Supports both AJAX based as well as plain POST usage without any required changes (ie. if someone has disabled JS for some bizarre reason)
AJAX only features
- 'live post age'. (x -time- ago is kept accurate)
- 'live posts'. Posts update (including edits) while you watch
- Idle meter. Post refreshes get slower the longer someone is idle. By posting oneself, this idle timer is reset
- Post updates are as traffic efficient as possible (only returning changed/added posts)
Simple Data model
- Threads, based on either a resource or a parent + subject.
- Posts, directly tied to a thread.
- Users, the anonymous usernames.